The RPA-Cube: defining the right result areas
The RPA-Cube stands for Result Positioning Area. It is a strategic assessment tool that gives insight into the result areas of a team or role. It is used to help tackle questions around recruitment, promotion, or staff turnover. Furthermore it can help to describe new or existing roles better. The RPA-Cube can give HR and management insight into strategic staff planning, possible causes of burn-outs, effective promotions and efficient recruitment and selection procedures.
The RPA-Cube helps to create a better collective understanding about result areas of different teams and roles that are needed to execute strategy optimally. The tool particularly useful in matching result areas with the natural contributions of individuals working in the organisation.
The RPA-Cube in sum
- A three-dimensional instrument to map the result areas of individual roles, business units or project teams
- It is founded on the same scientific concepts as the AEM-Cube®, making them ideal tools to use complementarily. In other words: whereas the RPA-Cube indicates which result areas are expected from a team or role, the AEM-Cube shows which individual naturally contributes to these result areas.
- The RPA-Cube can be used internally in organisations, for example by the HR department, as well as by external consultants.
- The RPA-Cube is used for onboarding new talent, matching a role to applicants and for deciding which team or business units gets assigned which strategic objectives
The RPA-Cube in practice
- Just like the AEM-Cube®, the RPA-Cube is a non-judgemental instrument. Its aim is to connect the result areas and strategic objectives of a team or role and match the right people with the right result areas.
- The self image gives insight into how someone in a certain role sees the different tasks and responsibilities of his/her role. In turn, the feedback image analyses how other stakeholders in the organisation perceive the objectives of a certain role, business unit or team.
- The RPA-Cube helps to answer the following questions: Are the result areas of a team or role aligned with the strategic objectives of the team or organisation? Are the right people in the right place to execute the result areas optimally?